Patron of ENPA NSW - Dr Christine Manwarring
Chris Manwarring is the Manager for Health and Aged Services Programs at the TAFE NSW Community Services Health Tourism and Recreation Curriculum Centre. Prior to taking up this position in 1999 Chris was the Senior Head Teacher of Nursing at Ultimo College Sydney Institute.
Chris commenced her nursing career as an enrolled nurse and in 1975 completed her general nurse training and has qualifications in Midwifery and Paediatric Nursing. In the mid 1980’s Chris gained a Diploma of Teaching in Nursing at Cumberland College, then a Bachelor of Arts Degree at Macquarie University and a Master of Health Planning at the University of New South Wales. In 1998 Chris completed her PhD in Health Services Management.
Chris is strongly committed to the education and training of enrolled nurses and within her portfolio is also responsible for development of qualifications within the health and community services training packages. Chris is also responsible for the quality assurance of enrolled nursing, post enrolment courses and bridging programs for enrolled nurses into undergraduate programs.
In her current role she represents TAFE NSW on a number of state and national committees in education including:
· Action on Ageing – A framework for Ageing in NSW 2005 – 2010
· Nurses and Midwives Board – Nurses Practice Committee
· National Nursing & Nurse Education Taskforce
· National Education and Workforce Forum – NSW Health – NAMO
· Strategic Reference Group: Models of Care and Nurses Roles
· Ministerial Standing Committee on the Nursing Workforce
· Education and Role of Enrolled Nurses – Taskforce
· NSW Health Clinical Placements Steering Group
· NSW Nursing Initiatives in Schools Committee – NSW Department of Health
· Workforce Development Plan Reference Group – Sydney West Area Health Service
· National TAFE Community of Practice – Community Services and Health.
As a member of the Community Services and Health Industry Skills Council Industry Reference Group, Chris has been proactively engaging with key professional organisations on the draft qualifications for enrolled nursing in the Health Training Package. Extensive consultation with peak bodies in NSW has enabled Chris to voice their feedback to the Industry Skills Council to ensure that the qualifications provide for a high standard of education and training for enrolled nurses who will continue to work across all sectors of health care.
Chris continuously updates her skills and has recently completed a Graduate Certificate in Wound Management and a Diploma of Training and Assessment Systems.